Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Love To See The Temple…

I remember vividly when I was a little girl feeling a little sad when I would sing “I Love to See the Temple.”  That may sound terrible, but I have my reasoning.  I felt so sad that I couldn’t go in.  I didn’t fully understand why you had to be 12 years old.  I was my aunts flower girl when I was 7 and I was so sad I couldn’t witness it.  I mean, I had my own beautiful white dress on that day. I was supposed to hold the back of her dress, why could I go in to help her?  It was the longest wait in that child’s room.  Then the moment happened I’ll never forget.  She walked out of that temple, with the biggest grin on her face.  She didn’t just look happy, she was rejoicing.  She was sealed for time and all eternity and she had kept the promises she made to her future husband and Father in Heaven to be pure.  I knew in that moment that I would do anything to go someday.  To be worthy to always have a temple recommend and go to the House of the Lord.

I’m now 20, and have had 8 beautiful years of being able to perform Baptisms for the Dead.  What an amazing and breathtaking experience it is each time I go.  There is nothing greater than being away from the world and the temptations and tauntings of satan.  I now go every week with my amazing, spiritual, and lovely best friend Samantha Frisby.  The difference it’s made in my life is indescribable. 

[Provo+Temple]

I have such a strong testimony of going frequently.  This world has become so wicked with evil all around.  The temple is necessary to putting on the armor of God and withstanding the evils of the world.  One reason my testimony has grown so much is the fact that there has been a time in my life where I didn’t go for a long time.  Last year I went through a really horrible experience where my heart was left very broken.  I was sad all the time.  Satan doesn’t use the typical thoughts to make me feel bad about myself.  I’ve always been a perfectionist (I know…I’m not proud of it) and satan loves to make me feel like everything I do is not enough.  He doesn’t try to make me do stupid things, because quite frankly it doesn’t work with me.  But he attacks me with feeling like if I’m not perfect I’m not worthy to be what I should be.  (I hate satan. ugh)  So when I was going through this really hard time I had a lot of hateful feelings, sadness, and grief.  I didn’t feel like it was right for me to go to the temple with these feelings.  THIS COULD NOT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.  The temple is where I should be to feel close to my Father and to have the Atonement of Christ seep into my heart and heal me.  My healing process went much slower due to not being in the temple.  Even thought I wish that I had done better, I am grateful to know for myself the difference of going weekly and then not going at all.  I’m a completely different person when I go.  It’s in the walls of the House of the Lord that I feel the best about myself.  It’s where I’m reminded through the Holy Ghost that my Father in Heaven is proud of me, and I’m a wonderful person.  It’s in these walls that I feel love that I didn’t know existed.  And it’s in these walls where I feel my potential and purpose as a daughter in His kingdom.

If you haven’t gone to the temple in a while GO.  If you don’t go often, I encourage you to go weekly or at LEAST monthly.  If you aren’t able to hold a current temple recommend because of events that have happened in your life, DO EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN to return as soon as possible.  Heavenly Father loves all His children, and He wants you in His home.  He has amazing things to reveal to you, and He loves you.  Nothing will bring greater joy than the blessings of the temple.  Our Heavenly Father is a God of mercy and there IS a way back, it may be hard, but it will also be a beautiful, personal, and worthwhile experience.

Now, just like when I was a child I’m feeling eager to do more in the temple.  Yet, I still have to wait until I go on a mission or find the man of my dreams!  I can’t wait until that sacred and beautiful day when I get to go through the temple.  But, until then I will do everything in my power to stay worthy.  I want to be that beautiful bride rejoicing that I am sealed for time and all Eternity to my sweetheart and beautiful children.  (I already love them so much Smile)

I Love to See the Temple

I’m going There Someday

To Feel the Holy Spirit

To Listen and to Pray

For the Temple is a House of God

A place of Love and Beauty

I’ll PREPARE myself while I am young

THIS IS MY SACRED DUTY.

I know the Temple is the House of the Lord.  It is vital to our happiness, success, and purpose in this beautiful life.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment